As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
- What do I need to start?
- What will I Do?
- What can you Teach?
- PADI Divemaster certification (or qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion within the last 24 months
- 60 logged dives with documented experience in night, deep and navigation diving
- Certified Diver for at least 6 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a Doctor within the past 12 months
- Minimum Age: 18 yrs
You learn through:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of these sections:
- Module 1: Academic Training
- Module 2: Independent Study
- Module 3: Practical Application
- Present the knowledge development elaboration for any PADI Diver course under the instructor’s indirect supervision. The instructor personally assesses student knowledge development.
- Present initial skills training under the instructor’s direct supervision during confined water dives.
- Conduct open water surface skill evaluations during Open Water Diver course dives under the instructor’s indirect supervision.
- Teach and certify Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of an instructor.
- Skin Diver and Discover Snorkelling.
- Independently teach the Project AWARE (nondiving) Specialty course.
- Independently teach the AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation (nondiving) Specialty course.
- Independently conduct Discover Scuba Diving in a pool or confined water.
- Independently conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions.
- Teach and certify divers in a specialty courses that don’t include dives after successful completion of Specialty Instructor Training courses for such specialties.