The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) redefines the standard for instructor training. Coupled with PADI’s state-of-the-art educational materials, the PADI IDC allows you to learn quickly and effectively. It is the most comprehensive program in the industry.
The objective of the IDC is to prepare you for the PADI IE (Instructor Examination) and to prepare candidates for “Real World” teaching after the successful conclusion of the IDC/IE process.
During the course we will provide a varied curriculum of presentations, confined and open water workshops, discussions and candidate teaching presentations. We now run the IDC in a variety of formats to suit candidates differing lifestyles and preferences. These include both full time and part time programs with both local and warm water open water work.
- What do I need to start?
- Instructor Examination
- What can you Teach?
- PADI Divemaster certification (or qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion within the last 24 months
- 60 logged dives with documented experience in night, deep and navigation diving
- Certified Diver for at least 6 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a Doctor within the past 12 months
- Minimum Age: 18 yrs
- 100 logged dives
- Successfully complete the Instructor Development Course or the Open Water Scuba Instructor Program within the past 12 months.
- Emergency First Response Instructor or CPR/first aid instructor with another emergency care organisation
- PADI Scuba Diver/Open Water Diver
- Adventures in Diving Program (Adventure/Advanced O/W)
- Rescue Diver
- Skin Diver and Discover Snorkelling
- Discover Scuba Diving
- PADI Seal Team and Bubblemaker
- Scuba Review and Discover Local Diving
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Project AWARE Specialty
- AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation
IDC – 2017
IDC Training starts on 17th June 2017 with the IE in Leicester on 15th & 16th July 2017