Have you ever asked yourself, “What was that fish?”
The PADI AWARE Fish Identification Specialty course provides you with the fish identification basics so that next time, you’ll know the answer and will understand what you are seeing. Learn about identifying fish through their genus, species and family through physiological differences and find out more about the biodiversity of the marine location and habitats around the world.
- What do I need to start?
- What will I Learn?
- How long will it take?
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification
(or qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Minimum Age: 10 years
You will learn:
- How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species
- Fish survey techniques and strategies
- How to practice fish identification dive planning, organisation and procedures
- Minimum Open Water Training: 2 dives over one day
There are currently no learning materials necessary for this course.